Sunday, October 15, 2006

Janie Jones claims Joe's in her head

There's nothing in any way tacky or dispiriting about the claims Janie Jones makes about Joe Strummer. Apparently, he visits her with advice:

"When I heard about Joe's death I cried my eyes out. He was still a young man," Janie said. "His spirit now comes to me.

"I was asked to do a film project and I couldn't make up my mind.

"As I sat looking in my mirror, Joe came to me and said, 'You're not doing it for them - but do it for me'.

"I didn't know what to wear for the event so Joe told me to put on a Clash sweatshirt he'd given me. He said, 'It's on top of your cupboard' and he was right.

"Every now and again I feel he sends me a message. Mick Jones told me, 'I feel he comes to me too'."


It's not recorded if Joe gives Mick advice on clothing, although he's apparently being lined up to replace Lisa Butcher on What Not To Wear. BBC insiders say that although he's not quite as corporeal as Lisa, he still has more screen presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.