Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Morrison wallows in his childhood

It's bad enough that the bookshops of Britain are cluttered with people trying to eke out being told off harshly in the 1960s into literary careers; now James Morrison is trying to bring the culture of pity to the CD racks:

"My dad left when I was young - he was on the bottle. My mum, she had her own issues. We were skint. We moved around a lot.

"Me and my brother and sister had to take care of ourselves when we were younger.

"I've definitely learnt not to be a smackhead or boozer. I've seen a lot of that around me."

"Living through anything tough either makes you or breaks you. It's made me stronger. Living with your emotions on the edge all the time, it's helped me tap into them now."


James... Nietzsche's on the phone; he'd like his maxim back.

Oddly, 3AM's response to this tale of woe is to snort:

That's the way to do it, Pete Doherty...

Erm... Pete Doherty didn't have a lousy childhood 3AM Girls...


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.