Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Courtney takes over the radio

This year's special guest programmers of 6Music have been announced, with Oasis, Moby and Courtney Love being given charge of the network:

Love has had access to the entire BBC library, and said she had picked "a lot of old '60s stuff" to play on-air.

As opposed, of course, to the new 60s stuff.

As well as the Beatles and Elvis Presley, songs by New Order, REM and the Bangles are among her choices.

"I'm doing a teaching exercise. I want people to learn things," she said.

"I've made a list, checked it twice, and I found myself living in the past."


Goodness, yes - I, for one, am waiting to be introduced to these obscure bands like The Beekles, Jaime Pressley and the Binglies. It really will be a learning experience, won't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.