Tuesday, May 08, 2007

George Michael: I'm your man, your honour

George Michael has changed his mind and pleaded guilty to driuving while unfit, although he maintains he was merely tired and whacked out on prescription drugs. He told the judge:

"I did something very stupid and I am very ashamed since doing it.

"I'm not used to defending myself in a position where I am ashamed of something.

"I really have been very distressed by this whole thing.

"I am perfectly aware that I did something very wrong and got into my car when I was unfit to drive.

"I was not in my normal physical state and I'm perfectly prepared to accept the correct punishment for that."

We really must ask George sometime where's he found a doctor who prescribes the drugs he was on at the time.

Sentencing has been adjourned to "allow blood tests to be carried out" - although since the car accident happened in October, we're not sure what they're meant to prove now.

We're sure the change of heart is down to genuine contrition and not because the trial was due to take place the day before his Wembley gig with potentially awkward side-effects if he'd been found guilty. Of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.