Sunday, July 29, 2007

Kinks 'shootist' set free

Ray Davies failed to show up in court for the trial of Jerome Barra, the man accused of shooting him in the leg after trying to steal Davies' girlfriend's bag, which lead to Barra having charges against him dropped.

Davies has complained that he wasn't given enough notice of the court date, and says that he's not happy:

Davies told New Orleans' Times-Picayune newspaper he had been unable to get to the trial in time.

"I am very disappointed with the way this case has been handled," he was reported as saying.

"I intend to pursue it further."

The trial had first been attempted in 2005, but was put on hold when, yes, Davies was unable to attend. The trial date for last Friday had been agreed in May.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.

Post a Comment