Sunday, March 09, 2008

I can remember where I was when I heard the news - I was listening to the news

Psychologists at the University of Leeds are carrying out a study into memory using The Beatles as a trigger point:

Professor Martin Conway, who is leading the experiment, said: "We're very interested in how different age groups associate with different aspects of The Beatles.

"The reason why we're interested in this is we're interested in a thing called generation identity. So we're quite interested in how your memory of your own personal experiences is linked into public events.

"And The Beatles are a fantastic way to look at that."

It's unknown if they expect anyone to remember Ringo Starr for anything other than being in the Beatles. You can sign up at Magical Memory Tour if you want to take part.


1 comment:

Chris said...

Martin Conway was one of my lecturers in Psychology when I was at University in Durham. It surprises me not iota that he's now doing "trendy uncle" research.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.