Monday, June 23, 2008

Karma: 'come in' not on

Boy George's plans of a tour of America have hit a problem - the whole drugs business is causing him visa problems:

"There are a number of public figures who are openly using drugs and they have no problem with immigration and I have seriously turned my life around and I feel great right now and this is just another reminder of how bad things were," he said.

"I committed a crime and I happily paid the consequences and I should be allowed to move on and get on with what I do best and that is performing and making people dance and cry!"

Making people cry? Has he started giving the audience chinese burns?

It's true that people who are known to be drug users might come and go through America's airports with nothing more than a spot of laboured autograph signing. But, generally, they haven't managed to get involved in a whole police investigation swinging round rent boys and your own coke and god knows what else was going on; and, normally, while applying for visas won't have recently been arrested on charges relating to false imprisonment on this side of the Atlantic.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Simon - this isn't in anyway prompted specifically by the Boy George story or any really, but recently I've got a bit, well, bored of your slagging off the tabloids and all they write - thats why I don't read them, and thats why I had you as my home page.

It's in no way a moan either - you've pointed me some fascinating stuff but I feel wrongly perhaps that you've just concentrated on slamming the gossip columns who surely don't need a great of slamming really as they do it 'emselves every single dY. DAVID X

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.