Saturday, February 14, 2009

Don't stab, watch a film about idiots with guns instead

I'm still trying to work out if the Daily Mirror was having some sort of joke by tying its campaign to stop knife crime in with the hagiograph-flick of Biggie Smalls' life:

Biggie shielded his mother from his secret street life when he was growing up.

She said: "I didn't even know about the drugs until after he died. I thought it was powdered mashed potatoes he had under his bed, not drugs."

And presumably she thought that when he was banging on about his guns, he was talking about spudguns.

Seriously, Daily Mirror, you're elevating the man who sang Machine Gun Funk to some sort of spiritual figurehead against a knife crime crusade?
"When you kill you end up in a dark place yourself," she said. "I know Christopher wouldn't want to see so many young people feeling that they need to carry a knife.

"He would not want to see all the bloodshed."

If only he'd left some sort demonstration of that desire, eh?
All I want is bitches, big booty bitches
Used to sell crack, so I could stack my riches
Now I pack gats, to stop all the snitches
from stayin in my business, what is this? Relentless
approach, to know if I'm broke or not
Just cause I joke and smoke a lot
Don't mean I don't tote the glock
Sixteen shots for my niggaz in the pen
Until we motherfuckin meet again
Huh, I'm doin rhymes now, fuck the crimes now
Come on the ave, I'm real hard to find now
Cause I'm knee deep in the beats
In the Land Cruiser Jeep with the Mac-10 by the seats
For the jackers, the jealous ass crackers in the (car sirens)
I'll make you prove that it's bulletproof
Hold ya head, cause when you hit the bricks
I got gin, mad blunts, and bitches suckin dick
The funk baby

Oh, yes. He'd really be upset to think about people carrying knives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.