Saturday, August 29, 2009

DJobit: DJ AM

Adam Goldstein, who worked under the name DJ AM, has died of an apparent overdose.

Goldstein survived the plane crash that killed four others last September.

He had just made a series for MTV celebrating "eleven years sober" and helping others with addiction problems:

"Something I have always done since the beginning of my sobriety is work with other addicts in recovery. So when the question came up [from MTV]: 'Hey, we should work something out.' It's like, 'What do you like to do?' And other than DJ, that's kind of what I've always done.

"Part of me feels like, 'Who am I?' I'm a DJ. This is my one chance. I owe it as a human who's sober to say something to them. So that's my job. That's what I'm there for."

Goldstein's first go at fame was as a member of Crazy Town; he managed to quit the band before they made wonder of their one hit. He then worked behind the turntables to add a sheen of modernity to Papa Roach and Madonna; his collaborations with Travis Barker led to his presence on the lear jet which crashed last year.

Goldstein was co-owner of a nightclub and appeared regularly on the sort of programmes MTV and VH1 make these days. He was 36.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.