Sunday, March 05, 2006

DOHERTY DATES THE UP YER BUM GIRL

Pete Doherty and Kate Moss always seemed like a mismatch; however Pete Doherty and Emily Lloyd? Now, that might just work. They can compare the wasting of talent and just how quickly your moment can run away from you; she can tell him about the time she played a role called Doherty; and, of course, Pete sang with Elton John at Live8, while Emily once sat in the seats for An Audience With Elton John.

Emily Lloyd, besides one half-decent movie, is best remembered for what might be the most 1980s anecdote ever:

"I was with my sister Charlotte at a party thrown by George Michael. Sinitta, the singer, came up to me and said her friend
Brad really wanted to me to go over and talk to him as he would like to take me out.

I hadn't seen him but I thought the name Brad sounded so naff and my sister wanted me to take her home as well, so I didn't bother."


It was, of course, Mr. Pitt. Try and tell a kid of today that Sinitta once tried to set up Brad Pitt with Trigger's daughter, and they'll look at you like you're, oh, a hundred years old at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.