Sunday, April 15, 2007

David's dad: I've heard nothing

As Madonna flies to Malawi to expressly not spirit away another child, David Banda's dad says he's excited to hear that he might get a chance to see his son. Especially since he's not heard a word from the Ciccone Organisation since she took his kid off last year:

"Officially I have not heard anything. There has been no communication whatsoever but I have heard the rumours and I get the feeling that she might be coming.

"I am excited. I hope that there will be an opportunity for me to see my son."

Although Mr Banda insisted he had 'no regrets' about agreeing to the adoption, he expressed disappointment that Madonna had not kept in touch, saying he would ask for her address and phone number so that he could contact her.

He said: "I understand that she is a busy person but if there is an opportunity, I would appreciate it if she could tell me how my son is doing, which has not been the case so far."

You know what, Yohane? You might think of reversing the charges if she does give you a phone number.

Meanwhile, Madonna's insistence that there was nothing at all murky about her getting such a swift adoption despite it apparently having no similarity to normal procedures or legal obligations has taken another knock.

As if the sponsorship of an adoption official to study in the UK wasn't undue influence enough, it now turns out that there was a financial link between the Kabbalah charity fronted by Madonna and the orphanage which offered David to her:
Despite protestations that Madonna had not given funds to the orphanage, it has emerged that her charity Raising Malawi financed a refurbishment.

A source at the home, which looks after 420 children, said: "Staff salaries have gone up, everything has been repainted, there are new clothes for the orphans, new beds and mattresses, and they've started work on new, bigger dormitories. I suppose you'd call it a reward for helping with the adoption."

The home has also started running courses provided by Spirituality for Kids, a group linked to the Kabbalah religion practised by Madonna.

Oh, good. How great it must be to hear that the answer to your problems is overpriced red string and an eight quid bottle of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.