Monday, September 24, 2007

Car for Miss Tunstall

Back when The Simpsons was funny, rather than amusing, there was one where the family arrived at an airport on an all-expenses paid trip and, in seeing the limo driver holding a card with "Simpsons" on it, say "Look! That man has the same name as us..." before heading off to get a taxi.

There can be few of us who haven't at some point struggled through customs and thought, on seeing a bloke with a comfy car holding up a big sign saying "Graham Bullock", "if I said I was Mr. Bullock, how would he know I wasn't..."

This is pretty much what happened to KT Tunstall, although she was cast the unfortunate Mr. Bullock, emerging from the airport to discover someone claiming to be her had pinched the car.

The 3AM Girls rather exercised about this, claiming KT was:

stranded at New York's JFK airport

It's surely a little difficult for a grown-up to be "stranded" at a major transport hub in a country where they speak the language, isn't it?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Suddenly I see....somesones stolen my taxi....."

Anonymous said...

"...and I said...no, no, no, nooooo....noooo....no, no, no......"

Anonymous said...

"...it's an MTA Metrocard for me...woo...hooo..."


*gets coat. Snaps rainbow braces*

Anonymous said...

The last thing KT needs is to be mistaken for a neo-Nazi.

George: Wait a second. Think about it. He's not showing up. Wait till you see the line of cabs, it's like forty-five minutes long. You said he's in Chicago.

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

Alan, I've now got visions of a Neo-Nazi desperately trying to pick up the chords for Suddenly I See in the back of a Limo

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.