Sunday, January 20, 2008

James Blunt shares his Christmas time

Thanks to the anonymous hijacker who brought the James Blunt Christmas diary to our attention. It was a time of showing off, and false modesty:

Christmas and New Year were spent skiing in Verbier in Switzerland, which was just terrific. The previous six months had been non-stop promotion - from Australia to Mexico, from Europe to Japan, the States, playing with people like Duran Duran in Dallas - so two weeks off were sorely needed. I was there with friends and family - my sisters and my parents - and that time with them was really all I wanted, not just lots of presents.

I'm lucky: I've been skiing since childhood and when I was in the army I was taught how to race by ex-Olympic Swiss ski team instructors - an amazing opportunity. So I can just about get down the slopes. The après-ski side of it has moved on from the Eighties cliche of Swiss fondues; for me, it mainly revolved around drinking beer. Lots of beer.

Has anyone ever heard the phrase "apres-ski" and thought that it meant fondues?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.