Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Keith Richards: Autobio... what was I doing again?

Keith Richards is having a problem writing his life story. He does so much dope these days, he's having trouble doing that thing, the thing where your brain does that bit and thinks about, you know, what stuff you did back when it wasn't now:

"I can't even remember yesterday. I'm trying to put together an autobiography and it's coming along.

"You have to drag things out of your memory. Some of it you don't even want to remember and others you've totally forgotten, so you end up trying to put your life together again.

"And since I didn't keep a diary, it's a bit difficult."

He probably did keep a diary. Hundreds of them, probably; mostly with just one entry on before they got lost.

Richards has been lecturing younger musicians about drucks a lot recently. He's not actually taking his own advice, though:
"I smoke my head off. I smoke weed all the damn time.

"But that's my benign weed. That's all I take, that's all I do. But I do smoke, and I've got some really good hash."

Ah. Keith's drugs are only benign. But how does he know that Amy Winehouse wasn't doing positive crack?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.