Saturday, November 01, 2008

Leons leave Liam livid

It's confusing, isn't it, Liam Gallagher, when bands don't just make the same record over and over again?

"I like Kings Of Leon, but I don't know about this fucking new record. I like the old stuff. I like (singer Caleb Followill's) voice. When they first come out I was going, 'Who the fuck is this?' They were cool, and now they've all got their sleeves cut off.
"It seems to me they've gone for the bucks, man. I'm not dissing (insulting) them because I fucking really like them, but it's like they've got this U2 sound and you can do better than that."

I should point out that it's ContactMusic who feel their audience might not understand the concept of 'dissing' and thus needed to have it explained for them.

The Kings Of Leon have so far resisted the temptation to point out being lectured on making poor-quality cash-cow albums by Oasis is like getting told by Sarah Palin that you should read more.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

surely his point was that theyve sold out because theyve changed their sound/aims and tried to be 'the new u2', rather than simply making the same record over and over (ie. be oasis)???

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

Hence the introductory line:

It's confusing, isn't it, Liam Gallagher, when bands don't just make the same record over and over again?

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.