Sunday, August 30, 2009

This week just gone

These were the most popular August stories:

1. News Of The World prints picture of Michael Jackson's death bed; but not online
2. RIP: Andy Parle
3. Mark Lester: The girl is mine, or at least I was your daddy sperm
4. Brian Molko collapses on stage
5. Malcolm Laycock canned by Radio 2; makes a fuss
6. Radiohead: Download Harry Patch tribute song
7. RIP: Mike Seeger
8. Radiohead premiere new track on Today
9. RIP: Shawn Patrick Kelley
10. RIP: Willy DeVille

This all looked kind of interesting, and new:

Imogen Heap - Ellipse

download Ellipse

The Fiery Furnaces - I'm Going Away

download Blueberry Boat

An Anthology Of Chinese Experimental Music

download Chinese Experimental Music

Uh Huh Her - Common Reaction

download their song off the Hotel For Dogs soundtrack. Or don't; I quite understand

The Fall - Last Night At The Palais

download A Past Gone Mad

Daniel Johnston - Welcome To My World

download Welcome To My World

Arctic Monkeys - Humbug

download Karaoke - In the style of the Arctic Monkeys

Brendan Benson - My Old Familiar Friend

download The Alternative To Love

Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer

download Black River Killer

Sally Shapiro - My Guilty Pleasure

download My Guilty Pleasure

Rotring Tikky Mechanical Pencils with Ergonomic Wave Grip


Jimbo said...

Simon, what's with all the stationary in the "buy" section? Is it to symbolise music standing still? (Ba dum, and indeed, tish)

simon h b said...

I wish it was something as worthwhile as that. It's just sometimes it's nice to look at pens. (And I also enjoy the way it makes Amazon recommendations freak out - look at pens, it suddenly starts offering you Band Of Brothers boxsets or memory cards...)

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.